Cute Crochet Bear Flower Cosy
A NoThings Unimaginable Original Pattern
I love caring for all kinds of plants and my new hobby is scouring for unusual plants such as the venus flytrap and sarracenia pictured above. However, I also love DIY and projects that can brighten and cuten up my room: hence these cute bear plant pot cosies. Super quick and easy to make, this pattern is also extremely customisable. You can adjust the pattern to fit any size of plant pot imaginable! Have fun creating these cuties to brighten up your day! Please find the abbreviations at the end of the pattern at the ‘Notes’ section
- Using a 3mm hook, chain until your chain length fits around the biggest part of your plant pot. My plant pot measured 9 cm across the top of the pot, so I chained 50 sts.
- Sl into first chain made to join the chain into a round, chain 2 sts, DC into each st around, sl st into chain 2 space.
- Chain 2, *DC 10 sts, DC decrease* repeat until last st, sl st into chain 2 space.
- Chain 2, *DC 8 sts, DC decrease* repeat until last 6 sts, DC 6 sts, s
l st into chain 2 space.
- Chain 2, DC into each st, sl st into chain 2 space.
- Chain 2, *DC 8 sts, DC decrease* repeat until last st sl st into chain 2 space.
- Chain 2, DC in each st, sl st into chain 2 space.
- Chain 2, DC in each st, sl st into chain 2 space, fasten off.
- Chain 2 sts
- Dc 10 sts in the 1st chain.
- Chain 2 and turn, Dc 10 sts and fasten off.
- Sew in all ends
- Cut out your felt pieces for the eyes, nose and cheeks.
- Sew on the ears onto the top of the cosy. Place the cosy onto the pot to decide on the placement of the ears.
- Now you can attach the felt features onto your bear. You can either use a special fabric glue or you can sew the felt pieces on. I wanted my cosy to be quite heavy duty so I sewed all the pieces on
You’re now finished! Place your cute cosy onto your pot, sit back and and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy using this pattern, you can customise it to make multiple cosy creatures to decorate all kinds of plant pots! This pattern can also be customised to make cosies for tumblers and mason jars (❁´▽`❁)*✲ﾟ*.
- DC: Double Crochet
- Sl st: Slip Stitch
- St(s): Stitch(s)
- DC decrease: Double Crochet Decrease
This pattern is entirely designed and written by me. All products made from this pattern are for personal use only. Please always credit this original pattern when sharing your final products ♥. Please feel free to share your final products on my Facebook/Instagram/Tumblr!
Facebook: NoThings Unimaginable
Instagram and Tumblr : Hearttofmine